Thursday 30 November 2017

IDLI KARAM PODI RECIPE/IDLI PODI RECIPE



Hi friends........ I hope you are doing good. I’m so sorry for not posting recipes from long time. You know ? My previous mobile was completely damaged and can’t take pics with it. Yes , I used to take pics and upload recipes with my Sony experia mobile. Now it was damaged and I was waiting for my new mobile. Yesterday hubby gave me a sweet surprise !!!!! Want to know what is it? He gifted me iPhone 7 Plus mobile!!!!!! I was expecting iPhone 5 or one plus 3 but he surprised me with this awesome mobile phone. I was like top of the world!!!! Pictures are so perfect and clear just as dslr. Thank you so much hubby .

                  Ok, coming to today’s recipe , today I’m gonna share Andhra’s idli karam PODI recipe. It is very easy and tasty podi recipe. It well goes with idli,dosa and white rice with a spoon of melted ghee. My kids like to eat idlies only with ghee and podi.So I always prepare podi different types of podia and store them in airtight containers.

So,I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.



Ingredients :


Phutana/putnalu/roasted China dal : 100 grams
Dried coconut : 50 grams
Dried red chillies : 15
Garlic: 50 grams 
Cumin seeds/jeera : 2 tea spoons
Salt to taste
Oil as needed

Method :


First heat oil in a pan and add coconut, sauté until they changes into golden colour and take them into a plate.

Now add cumin seeds and chillies fry for sometime and take into a plate. 

Now add phutana and fry for some time and take into a plate.

Now let them cool completely.

Now take coconut and chilles into a blender and blend into a powder .

Now add phutana and salt, blend for few seconds and add garlic. Blend into a fine powder.

Now your idli karam podi is ready. Store it in airtight container and serve.

Pictorial :




Take all your ingredients


Heat oil in a pan, add coconut and fry until they changes into golden color and take into a plate

Now fry chillies and cumin seeds

Now add phutana and fry it

Let all ingredients cool down, now take coconut and chillies in a blender

Blend into a powder

Now add phutana and salt,blend into a powder

Add garlic

Blend into a fine powder and serve

Tasty podi is ready to serve with idli!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment