Tuesday 6 December 2016

HOMEMADE TUTTI FRUTTI RECIPE/CANDIED PAPAYA RECIPE


Hi, today I'm going to share another interesting recipe, that is homemade tutti frutti recipe. I never know  that we can make tutti frutti at home!!!! But when I saw this recipe in YouTube I was really surprised!!!! We can easily make tutti frutti at home!!!!! Then I immediately asked my cousin to bring a raw papaya from market, but my bad luck it was little ripe. But I tried with that papaya, result was good,but tutti frutti turned softer. No worries, I used that whole batch of tutti frutti in my dil pasand recipe.  Recently my sis in law bought raw papaya, I was so happy and again made tutti frutti for my blog.

       Tutti frutti is also called candied papaya made with raw papaya. It is used in many baking goodies such as muffins, dil pasand, cakes etc., since this is month of Christmas,  this is main ingredient in many Christmas cakes. I'm also going to share more Christmas recipes by using this tutti frutti. Making tutti frutti at home is so simple. But process is long. Result will be awesome. They tastes same as storebought ones.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Recipe source : nisha madhulika. Com


 Ingredients :

Raw papaya : 1 (500 to 600 grams)
sugar : 350 grams
Vanilla essence : 1 tea spoon
food colors : few drops (I used red, green and yellow)

Method :

First take raw papaya Peel the skin, cut into wedges then take out the white layer. 

Now chop them into small pieces, boil 4 to 5 cups of water in a pan add chopped papaya and boil on low flame for 3 minutes by covering the lid and remove from fire. 

Let it sit for 4 to 5 minutes,then drain the water.

Now in a pan add sugar and 250 ml of water stir until sugar melts.

Now add blanched papaya pieces, cook until sugar reaches to one string consistency by stirring occasionally.

Now let it cool completely. Add vanilla essence and mix it well.

Divide this into 3 equal portions, add food colors and mix well. 

Now let them soak for 12 to 24 hours.

After 12 to 24 hours strain tutti frutti in a strainer and place them in a plate or net rack. Let them dry under fan for 12 hours or until they become dry.

That's it your homemade tutti frutti is ready.

Note :

Always use raw papaya which is white in color inside. Otherwise Tutti frutti may get soft.

My papaya was little bit ripe so I just balanced for 1 minute.

Take raw papaya

Peel it

Cut the white part

Chop them into small pieces

Boil water in a pan

Let it boil from 3 minute on low flame

Switch off the flame

Let it sit for few minutes

Drain the water

Take sugar and water in pan, let it boil

Add balanced papaya

Stir it

Cook until it reaches to 1 string consistency and remove from fire

Add vanilla essence ans mix well

Divide them into 3 bowls

Add food colors and mix well and soak for 12 to 24 hours

Now strain it


Take them into a plate and spread it

Let them dry 



Homemade tutti frutti is ready!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment