Wednesday 6 December 2017

SPONGE DOSA RECIPE



Being a south Indian I always love to have South Indian food in my breakfast. Dosa and idli is my favourite. I like to try more dosa recipes whenever I have time. So far I have shared plain dosa, masala dosa, Mysore masala dosa, neer dosa, onion dosa and egg dosa recipes in my blog. This one is another addition to my dosa recipes. Still there are many dosa recipes in my list to share here. Will try to share as soon as possible. Coming to today’s recipe, it’s an sponge dosa recipe. The name itself describes everything about this fish. Yes it’s so fluffy and spongy. Tastes so yum. We call pullattu in Telugu. No need of urad dal and oil for this recipe. But oil is optional. Also don’t spread batter with paddle on tawa just swirl tawa little to spread. You can have a nice spongy dosa. So, give it try and let me know how it turned out for you.




Makes 10 to 12 dosa


Ingredients :


Rice : 2 cups(400 grams)
Fenugreek seeds/methi : 1/2 tea spoons
Curd : 1 cup
Poha/pressed rice : 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Sodabicorb/baking soda : 1/8 tea spoon
Oil or ghee : 1/2 tea spoon for each dosa (optional)

Method :

Take rice and methi in a bowl, add water and soak it for 6 to 8 hours.

Now wash soaked rice 3 times and add poha and soak it for 10 minutes.

Now drain water and take into a blender, add some water and blend into a fine paste.

Now transfer this batter into a bowl and add curd, mix it well and let it ferment for 8 to 10 hours or overnight by covering the lid.

Now take fermented batter, add soda and baking soda, add little water and mix it well. 

Now heat tawa and pour a paddle of batter and just swirl tawa little and spread it. Don’t spread it too much. 

Now cook on medium flame by covering the lid for few minutes and you can see lots of pores on dosa , now take into a plate and serve hot.























No comments:

Post a Comment