Sunday 27 November 2016

DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING RECIPE


Dark chocolate ganache is a basic and easy to make icing recipe. Also this is my favorite icing for cakes and cup cakes. I don't like buttercream icing for my cakes and cupcakes. I mostly use whipped cream or chocolate ganache to decorate my cakes. They are pretty simple to make also very rich in taste.I have already shared chocolate ganache recipe in my rich chocolate cake.it was shiny and glossy ganache recipe. But this chocolate frosting can handle very easily. I used milk chocolate to make this recipe. You can also use dark chocolate.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Recipe source : gayathri's cookspot

Ingredients :

Dark chocolate/milk chocolate : 500 grams

Fresh cream : 250 grams (I used amul low fat cream)

Method :


First scrape chocolate with peeler or knife and make small pieces, take into a bowl.(chocolate should be at room temperature)

Now take cream in sauce pan heat on medium flame until it start bubbling. Remove from fire and pour this hot cream on chocolate.

Mix gently without lumps.if there are any chocolate pieces just melt in double boiler on medium flame for few seconds and remove from fire.

Now cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, after couple of hours it will get firm.frost your cakes or cup cakes.
Scrape chocolate with peeler or knife

Take it into a bowl

Take cream into a sauce pan

Heat on medium flame (don't over heat cream)

Pour this on chocolate

Mix it gently


Put this on double boiler, melt for few seconds

Now it's all melted

Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours

Use for icing cakes and cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment