Thursday 23 February 2017

HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE/WHITE BREAD RECIPE



It had been long time since I baked a bread at home. Today I decided bake a soft and fluffy bread and I can't stop my self from posting today itself.As I always I mentioned in my breads and buns recipe posts that I love homemade breads a lot. I love the texture and taste of fresh breads. You can easily bake this bread at home with very simple ingredients. Whenever I post breads or buns recipes, many of my viewers ask me which yeast I use. I always use instant yeast to bake buns and breads. This instant yeast really works so good.


 I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.



My 1 cup measures 200 ml

Ingredients :

All purpose flour/maida : 4 cups/400 grams
Yeast : 2 1/2 tea spoons
melted butter/oil : 1/4 cup
Salt : 1 tea spoon 
milk powder : 2 table spoons (optional)
Sugar : 3 table spoons
milk : 200 ml/1 cup

Method :

Take Luke warm milk in a bowl add 1 table spoon of sugar and yeast, mix it well and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes or until yeast gets activated.

Now take all remaining dry ingredients in a bowl mix it well.

Now make a well in a middle add oil or melted butter and yeast mixture, mix it well.

Now add 100ml of water and knead the dough well for 10 minutes (dough should be sticky while kneading, add some more water if needed) or until dough becomes smooth and non sticky

Now place this dough in a bowl, apply some oil on top. Cover with cling wrap or damp cloth and place this bowl in a warm place  for 1 hour or until dough rises into double in size.

Now punch down the rised dough and knead it for couple of minutes.

Now roll the dough in to log shape and pinch the edges.

Now place this dough in greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and place this pan in warm place for 1 hour or until it rises into double in size.

Now preheat oven in 180 degrees for 10 minutes.

Now gently apply milk on top for nice golden color.


Now bake risen dough loaf in 180 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes in preheated oven. 

Now take baked bread from the oven, let it cool completely and demold it.

Now slice the yummy and soft bread and serve.



Take warm milk in a bowl add yeast

Sprinkle some sugar

Mix it well and set a side

Take flour in a bowl

Add sugar

Add salt

Add milk powder

Mix it well


Now make a well in the middle,add oil

Now our yeast has also activated

Add this yeast mixture

Mix it well and make a sticky dough


Add some more water if required and knead it

Knead into a smooth and soft dough

Place this dough in bowl

If you press it it should bounce back

Now cover with cling wrap and let it rise

Now our dough has raised well

Now punch down the air 

Knead it for couple of minutes

Grease some oil to your loaf pan and keep a side

Now flat the dough and knock it well and remove the air bubbles

Now roll it into log shape


Now pinch the edges and seal it

Place this dough in greased loaf pan

Let it rise well

Now gently apply milk on top

Now bake it

Hmmmm..... It's well baked now

Wowwww..... Look at this, so beautifully baked!!!!!

Let it cool completely,slice and serve


Soft and fresh sandwich bread is ready!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment