Wednesday 8 February 2017

ONION SAMOSA RECIPE/IRANI SAMOSA RECIPE


Anyone for samosa here?????!!!!! I know so many hands are rising. Especially for this onion irani samosa right. I'm also a big fan of these onion samosas. Here there is a famous samosa shop which sells very yummy mini onion samosas. I asked my daddy every time to bring those samosa for me in childhood. You know my daddy still brings a pack of samosas for me when he visits my house. Sorry,sorry if you ask me about my Dad and my childhood I will forgot every thing around me hahaha..... Because I'm daddy's girl....

 Ok,Ok I'm coming to this recipe ,as we all know onion samosa is a very popular street snack in India. Nothing can beat samosa with a cup of tea or coffee.Process is also so simple and easy. I have already shared homemade samosa Patti recipe here.  You can also use storebought samosa Patti for this recipe. But I recommend you to use homemade samosa sheets. Because homemade samosa Patti tastes more better than storebought ones.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how they turned out for you.

 Ingredients :

Samosa Patti/sheets : 15 to 20(recipe here)
sliced medium onions : 4
Chopped green chillies : 2
Chopped coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
Coriander powder : 2 tea spoons
Chilly powder : 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
semolina/upma rava or pressed rice : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1 tea spoon
Garam masala powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Oil for deep frying
Maida : 1 table spoon

Method :

To make filling, take onions and green chillies in a bowl add all spice powders,add semolina,salt and coriander leaves.

Mix them well with your hands, that's it ,samosa filling is ready.

Now take Maida in a bowl add some water and make a paste.

Now take one samosa sheet (click here for recipe)make a small cone and fill 2 tea spoons of onion mixture and fold it. Apply some Maida mixture on edges and seal it.

Now drop them in hot oil and fry them until they changes into golden color.

Take them into a plate and serve hot.
Take onions and chillies in a bowl, add all spice powders

Add semolina

Add coriander leaves


Mix it really well

Now filling is ready

Mix Maida with some water and make a smooth paste
Now take one Samosa sheet and make a cone like this

Fill cone with some onion mixture

Now turn and fold it

Apply some Maida mixture on edges

Seal it

Now it's ready to fry



Drop them in hot oil

Fry on medium to high flame

Fry on both sides until they changes into golden color

Take them into a plate

Serve hot....

Yummy samosas are ready!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis for your clear explanation. I have also tried your Onion Samosa recipe at my home. By the grace of GOD, it came out perfectly.

    I have also posted my recipe in my Youtube channel Classy Recipes.

    Onion Samosa Recipe or Irani Samosa Recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youtube channel for Cooking recipe - > Classy Recipes

    ReplyDelete