Monday 27 February 2017

MYSORE PAK RECIPE/HOMEMADE MYSORE PAK RECIPE



Mysore pak is a Indian traditional sweet, which mostly served in south Indian weddings and baby showers. I use to think making mysore pak at home is really a tough job,because my mom made mysore pak when we were kids, I still remember, they turned just like a rock, hahaha then my mom never made mysore pak again. But I was completely wrong,  you can easily make mysore pak at home .now I understood why my mom's mysore pak didn't turned out well, the reason, I think sugar syrup got too thick. You need one string consistency. If you drop sugar syrup in cold water it should become a soft ball, not hard ball. Keep this tip in your mind while making mysore pak. I learnt this recipe from one of our neighbors and it just turned super yummy, hubby and kids loved it a lot.Will sure share the another version ghee mysore pak soon, so stay connected with my blog and Facebook page for more yummy and easy recipes.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

 Ingredients :

Besan/Gram flour/chanaga pindi : 1 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Ghee/clarified butter : 1 cup
Oil : 1 cup (I used sunflower oil)

My one cup measures 200 ml

Method :

First grease a aluminum pan with ghee and set a side.

Now sift gram flour and keep a side.

Now take ghee and oil in a pan and put on heat.

In another pan take sugar and 1/2 cup water and put on heat.

Stir it and let it boil, bring it to one string consistency. 

Now add gram flour gradually to sugar syrup and stir it well continuously without lumps.

Now pour a laddle of hot ghee and oil mixture gradually by mixing with another hand. (make sure oil must be very hot)

Continue the process until all ghee is over.

Now when ghee leaves it's sides immediately pour this mixture to greased pan and spread it evenly with gentle.

 after 10 to 15 minutes cut into pieces, let it cool for some time and serve.


Grease your pan with ghee and keep a side

Sift flour and keep it a side

Now  take ghee and oil in a pan and put this on heat

Now take sugar in a wide and Big pan

Add 1/2 cup of water


Bring it to a boil by stirring continuously

Bring it to one string consistency

Now gradually add sifted flour

Stir continuously on medium flame

Continue the process

Stir and mix it without lumps

Now our ghee and oil mixture is really hot

Gradually pour the ghee by stirring continuously


Add until Ghee is over

Now Ghee  starts leaving it's pan sides

Immediately pour this mixture to greased pan

Gently spread it (don't press hardly)

After 10 to 15 minutes cut into pieces


Let it cool for some


Some pieces are already consumed by Hubby and kids before plating :)

Yummy,Yummy mysore pak is ready!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment