Friday 26 August 2016

HOMEMADE BAKERY STYLE DIL PASAND/DIL KHUSH RECIPE


Dil pasand is one of my favorite snack from childhood. I used eat them a lot. I love the taste and texture of this dip pasand. It so crispy and flaky pastry stuffed with lots of tutti frutti, nuts and coconut. In my homemade puff pastry I have told you that I'm going to make dip pasand with this puff pastry but unfortunately I made egg puffs with them and postponed to make dil pasand. Two days back again made puff pastry sheets and baked this awesome dil pasand. It turned to be perfect just like bakery ones.

             To be frank I never heard dil khush name in my childhood we only know dil pasand. We call dil pasand in my place. When I searched for this recipe in YouTube there are o many dil khush recipe videos. But none of them satisfied me. They all are made with bread dough. I don't like to make dil pasand with bread dough. I want the exact taste of bakery ones. Then once I remainded texture and taste of dil pasand which I'm eating from childhood then I immediately baked yummy dil pasand. They turned really really yummy.after tasting these dil pasand my family and friends praised me a lot. They told me that this tastes great than bakery ones!!!!!! I felt so happy by hearing their comments!!!!!

          you can use store bought puff pastry for this recipe. If you don't get puff pastry at your place like me then make your own puff pastry sheets in 15 minutes.(recipe here). You can also use pizza dough for this recipe.(recipe here). But I suggest you to try with puff pastry sheets, because it tastes really great.

I hope you like this recipe. Then give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Like my Facebook page and follow my blog for more updates.

Other recipes :
homemade desiccated coconut recipe
basic-pizza-dough-recipe
homemade puff pastry sheets





Ingredients :

Puff pastry sheets : as needed (recipe here)
tutti frutti : 1 cup
Desiccated coconut/grated dried coconut : 1 cup (recipe here)
sugar : 1/2 cup
Dry fruits : 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder : 1 tea spoon

Egg or milk for applying on top

Method :

First bring puff pastry to room temperature 

Now take a bowl add tutti frutti,desiccated coconut,cardamom powder and dry fruits toss them well (you can add above ingredients as per your taste.

This filling makes 2 medium size dil pasands.

Now roll puff pastry cut with big container lid and cut one small portion with small lid as shown in pictures

Now put some filling on puff pastry then put small puff posted on top apply some water to edges and seal the edges as shown in pictures

Now gently place them in lined baking tray

Now put slashes on top and apply egg wash or milk wash.

Now preheat the oven in 200 degrees celsius

Bake them in 200 degrees celsius for 25 to 35 minutes or till the top turns into golden color

Now let them cool for a while and serve.


Take you puff pastry

Take tutti frutti in a bowl add dry fruits

Add coconut


Add sugar

Add cardamom powder

Toss them well
Roll the puff pastry sheet

Cut them like this

Put filling in the center

Put small sheet on top

Seal the edges

Place them in baking tray and make slashes on top

Apply beaten egg well

Bake them

Let them cool for a while



Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment