Tuesday 23 August 2016

MUNAKKADA ROYYALA KOORA/DRUM STICK PRAWNS MASALA CURRY RECIPE



This is basic andhra recipe which I'm going to share today. We prepare this at home quite often. When I was a kid drumstick is my favorite vegetable. When anybody ask me 'what is your favorite vegetable' I use to say 'drum stick'. But now I don't know why, brinjal and yam became my favorite. But still love to eat drum sticks.

I prepare drumsticks with prawns or mutton. It tastes absolutely delicious. These curries are best for lunch. Instead of drum sticks you can use potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage or egg plant. I cook with every vegetable with prawns and mutton. I serve with steamed rice,dal or chutney. Perfect for lunch and dinner.

I'm trying to post many lunch side dish recipes specially for newly weds and beginners in cooking.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.



Ingredients :


Drumsticks : 4 to 5
prawns : 200 grams(cleaned)
Chopped medium onions : 2
chopped Medium tomato : 1
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tea spoon
coconut paste : 2 tea spoons
Chilly powder : 1 tea spoon or as per your taste
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Coriander powder : 2 tea spoons
Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
Oil : 2 table spoons

Method :

First cut drum sticks into long pieces and wash them

Now heat oil in a pan add onions saute them till they turns soft

Now add ginger garlic paste saute till raw flavors disappear

Now add tomatoes saute for few minutes then add coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder and coconut paste saute for 1 to 2 minutes on medium flame.

Now add prawns saute for 3 to 4 minutes then add salt and drum sticks saute for 2 to 3 minutes

Now pour sufficient water (approx 300 to 350 ml or as desired) and cook by covering the lid untill water semi dries (stir in between)  finally sprinkle coriander leaves and cook on low flame for 5 minutes then remove from fire and serve hot.



Cut drumsticks into long pieces

Heat oil add onions saute them

Add ginger garlic paste saute for a while

Add tomatoes cook for a while

Add remaining masalas and saute for 2 minutes on low flame

Add prawns

Saute for few minutes

Add Drumsticks

Saute for few minutes

Pour water

Cook by covering the lid

Stir in between

Add coriander leaves

Cook on low flame and remove from fire

Serve hot

No comments:

Post a Comment