Monday 1 August 2016

SMOKED DAHI MURG / SMOKED YOGURT CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE



Hi Friends, I hope you all enjoyed your sunday. I also enjoyed my Sunday with family and made yummy no bake oreo cheese cake. We enjoyed a lot. I'm going to share that recipe soon. So,don't forget to check my blog.

       Ok,coming to today's recipe, dahi murg. I found this recipe from Facebook group posted by zainab aliasgar. This recipe impressed me a lot and I can't stop my self to try and post this recipe. When I first tasted this dish it was absolutely delicious. Chicken marinated and cooked in lots of yogurt and smoked with charcoal smoke. I love this smoking process. I highly recommend you to try this recipe. You will definitely going to like this recipe. It well goes with pulao,any roti or naan and streamed rice.

Ingredients :

For marination :

Chicken : 1 kg
Beaten curd : 100 ml /1/2 cup
Coriander powder : 2 table spoons
red chilly powder : 1 table spoon
Ginger garlic paste : 2 table spoons
Salt to taste
garam masala powder : 1 tea spoon

For gravy :

Medium size onions : 5
oil : 4 table spoons
Beaten curd : 200 ml / 1 cup
Salt to taste

Onion rings : 1/2 cup

Method :

First take chicken add all marination ingredients mix well and keep a side for 1 to 2 hours or over night.

Now blend onions into fine puree

Now heat oil in a pan add onion puree saute for 3 to 4 minutes

Now add marinated chicken and cook till oil leaves it's sides.

Now add beaten curd saute for 3 to 5 minutes

Now pour some water and cook till chicken is done. (add salt as per your taste)

Adjust gravy as per your taste by adding water.

Now cook on low flame for five minutes and remove from fire.

Now heat charcoal

Now arrange onion rings on gravy and place a steel bowl then put charcoal in a bowl

Now pour few drops of oil on charcoal and cover the lid and leave for 2 to 3 minutes remove charcoal bowl and serve.
Add all marination ingredients into chicken

Mix and leave for few hours

Blend onions into fine puree

Heat oil add onion puree

Saute for few minutes

Add marinated chicken

Stir it

Cook till oil leaves it sides

Add beaten curd

Saute for few minutes

Pour water

Cook by covering the lid

Chicken is cooked now cook on low flame


Heat charcoal

Place in a bowl and pour some oil

Cover with lid leave for few minutes

Dahi murg is ready!!!!

Yummy!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment