Saturday 27 August 2016

HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE


Pizza sauce is main ingredient to make pizza. It tastes really delicious than store bought cans. As I mentioned in earlier posts that I enjoy making homemade stuff. This recipe is another addition to my homemade stuff. Though it takes some time to make this pizza sauce, trust me result will be awesome.

           I blanched tomatoes and then peeled skin for perfection. If you don't want to do that step you can directly chop and puree them. You can also use store bought puree and canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes. I baked yummy chicken tikka pizza today using my homemade pizza sauce. It turned really awesome. I will post that recipe soon. Stay connected with my blog for more recipes. Like my Facebook page for more updates.

I hope you like this recipe. Then give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Ingredients :

Ripe tomatoes : 8/750 grams
garlic paste : 2 table spoons
Oregano : 1 tea spoon
basil/ mixed herbs : 1 tea spoon
sugar : 1 table spoon
salt to taste
olive oil : 2 table spoons
pepper powder : 1/2 tea spoon

Method :

First to blanch tomatoes make slashes on tomatoes then drop them in boiling water and boil for 1 minute then immediately drop them in normal water then Peel the skin

Now finely chop half of the tomatoes and blend remaining tomatoes into puree.

Now heat oil in a pan add garlic paste or grated garlic and saute for few minutes then then add chopped tomatoes saute for a while then add tomato puree

Add sugar and salt cook on low to medium flame by covering the lid

Cook for 15 minutes by stirring in between. 

Now add pepper powder,oregano and basil or mixed herbs cook till it becomes to spreadable consistency

Now remove from fire and use.

When it 
Make slashes on tomatoes

Drop them in boiling water

Boil for 1 minute

Drop them in normal water

Peel the skin

Chop half of the tomatoes

Blend remaining tomatoes

Heat oil add garlic

Saute for a while

Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree

Add salt and sugar

Cook on low to medium flame by covering the lid

Add all herbs

Cook for a while

Bring it to spreadable consistency and remove from fire


No comments:

Post a Comment