Tuesday 16 August 2016

JAPANESE COTTON CHEESE CAKE RECIPE



HI.... Today I'm going to share a yummy Japanese cotton cheesecake recipe. I found this recipe from Facebook page.Then I immediately wanted to try this recipe, I have all ingredients in my hand and made this super soft cotton cheese cake and the result was awesome. My kids really enjoyed it so much. Then I shared some cake with my neighbor's kids they praised me a lot!!!!!! She told " aunty...this is the best cheese cake I ever had" wow!!!! I felt really really happy when I heard those words from her. You should definitely try this recipe atleast one time. I used my homemade cream cheese in this recipe (recipe here).

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Ingredients :

Cream cheese : 250 grams/1 1/4 cup(recipe here)
Powdered sugar : 1 cup (150grams)
milk : 150 ml
Butter : 1/2 cup /80 grams
eggs : 4
corn flour : 2 table spoons
all purpose flour/Maida : 1/4 cup
Vinegar : 1 tea spoon
vanilla essence : 1 1/2 tea spoon

My one cup measures : 200ml

Method :

First bring all ingredients to room temperature

Line your 6 or 7 inch cake tin with parchment paper.

Now separate egg whites and yolks

Now take cream cheese in a bowl add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, milk and butter whisk it well

Now put this on double boiler stir it for few seconds then remove from double boiler.

Now take a clean and dry bowl add egg whites and beat it For few minutes then gradually add powdered sugar and vinegar and beat it till it gets to stiff peaks

Now take cream cheese mixture add flour and corn flour whisk It well with out lumps then add vanilla and mix it well

Now add egg yolks and whisk it well and strain it in strainer

Now gradually fold egg whites mixture to cream cheese mixture and mix it gently with cut and fold method.

Now pour this mixture to lined cake tin.

Now pour hot water in baking tray and place this cake tin gently in it.

Now bake  for 50 to 60 minutes in 165 to 175 degrees in preheated oven. (preheat oven in 175 degrees for 10 minutes.

Now insert tooth pic or knife if it comes out clean your cotton cheesecake cake is ready.

Now put this in refrigerator for overnight and serve.

NOTE : line the parchment paper as shown in the picture.

It will raise above the pan and when it cool downs cake will shrink, so don't panic at this moment.



Line Cake tin with parchment paper

Divide egg whites and yolks

Take cream cheese  in a bowl add 1/2 of the powdered sugar

Add butter

Pour milk

Whisk it well

Put this bowl on double boiler stir for few seconds

Take egg whites beat them well

Add powdered sugar gradually

Beat it well

Add vinegar

Beat till it gets to stiff peaks

Now take cream cheese mixture add maida

Add corn flour

Mix it without lumps

Add vanilla essence

Mix it well

Add egg yolks

Whisk it well

Stain the cream cheese mixture


Add egg whites gradually and fold it


Fold it gently

Pour this mixture to lined cake tin


Pour hot water in baking tray

Place this cake tin in baking tray

Put in oven carefully

Bake it

Insert toothpick or knife

If it comes out clean your cake is done

Remove parchment paper and refrigerate for overnight


Yummy cotton cheesecake is ready to serve!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment