Friday 7 October 2016

BASIC SHORT CRUST PASTRY DOUGH/PIE/TART DOUGH RECIPE


Hi, today I'm going to share basic short crust pastry dough recipe. This is the basic recipe which I use to make tarts and pies. So thought to share separate post. This is my foolproof recipe. Yesterday baked yummy Apple pie by using this dough it turned really awesome.I will share that recipe in next post. I'm going to share more tart and pie recipes. So,stay connected with my blog and Facebook page for more tasty recipes.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Ingredients : 

All purpose flour/Maida : 250 grams
Cold butter : 125 grams
powdered sugar : 3 table spoons
Cold water : 2 to 3 table spoons

Method :

First take all purpose flour/Maida add powdered sugar and mix it well (add pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter)

Now add cold butter, rub and mix it well with your finger tips. It should be crumbly as shown in picture.

Now add 2 to 3 table spoons of ice cold water and just combine well. Don't knead too much just make a dough.

Now wrap this dough in plastic wrap and press it gently

Now refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours and use it.

Note :

If you are using unsalted butter add pinch of salt. I used salted butter so I didn't used salt.

Always use cold butter and cold water to make this short crust pastry dough.

While rolling dough put dough in between cling wrap or parchment paper and roll it.

These measurements makes one 8 inch pie. For tarts it makes two 8 inch tarts.
Add powdered sugar to flour and mix it

Add cold butter

Mix it with your finger tips

It should be crumbly like this

Just add 2 to 3 table spoons of water

Mix it gently (don't knead)

Combine well and make a dough
Wrap in cling wrap and press it gently to make as disc

Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours
Now it is ready to use


No comments:

Post a Comment