Saturday 15 October 2016

CUSTARD POWDER HALWA RECIPE


As I promised you before that I will share Diwali recipes in my blog. Here I'm keeping my promise. Today I'm going to share easy custard powder halwa. Yes, making this halwa is so easy and tastes so good. It takes only 15 minutes and few ingredients to make this yummy halwa.

      If you have leftover custard powder at home then you can easily make this recipe with little amount of ghee. I used strawberry flavored custard powder which was lying in my fridge from two months. You can use vanilla flavor as well. Check my other halwa recipes too :)

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

Recipe source : tickling palates

Other halwa recipes :


 Ingredients :

Custard powder : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1 1/2 cup
Ghee : 3 table spoons
water : 2 cups
Chopped almonds/cashews : 10 to 15

Method :

First grease ghee to a plate or mold and keep it a side

Now take non stick pan add all ingredients except ghee, mix without lumps

Now put this pan on heat and start stirring continuously.

When it becomes glossy and shiny add table spoon of ghee and stir it well.

Stir continuously and gradually add remaining ghee and stir it well.

Now add chopped nuts and stir it. When it becomes thick and ghee leaves pan sides remove from fire and take into greased mould.

Let it set for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature cut into pieces and serve.
Apply ghee to mould and keep it a side

Take a non stick pan add custard powder and sugar

Add water

Mix it well

Now put this pan on heat stir continuously

It became shiny and glossy now

Gradually add ghee

Stir it



When it becomes thick add nuts


Stir it

This is the right consistency

When ghee leaves pan sides remove from fire


Transfer this mixture to greased mould and let it set for couple of hours

Cut into pieces


Serve!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment