Friday 7 October 2016

BEST APPLE PIE RECIPE/HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE



This is the best ever pie I never had. Yesterday I baked this yummy apple pie for my cousin. She liked it to the core. Intact my whole family tasted and liked it so much. This pie has a crispy outer part and soft fruit filling inside. While my pie was baking my house was filled with a nice aroma. It tasted really really awesome. Though I baked this for my cousin I ate 1/4 part of the pie hahaha....i loved it so much.

I used my basic short crust pastry dough (recipe here) to make this pie and the filling is so simple made with some sliced apples cinnamon powder and sugar. I made some leaves with leftover dough to make my pie more beautiful.it really worked.it's looking beautiful right :-)

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.


Ingredients :

Large apples : 2
cinnamon powder : 1 table spoons
sugar : 1/2 cup + 1 tea spoon for sprinkling
egg yolk : 1 or milk wash
Corn flour : 1 table spoon
Butter : 2 tea spoons

Method :

First take your pie dough(recipe here) from refrigerator cut into two equal portions

Now put one part of dough in plastic wrap and cover the dough with another plastic wrap then roll it,  check the size by placing pie mould

Now remove the plastic wrap and gently line the pie mould with rolled sheet press it gently and keep in refrigerator 

Now to make filling peel the skin of apples and slice them thinly and take into a bowl, add cinnamon powder, sugar and corn flour toss them well and put this filling in pie mold.

Now roll the other sheet and place on pie mold and take out the excess dough

Now give it a egg wash or milk wash sprinkle some sugar then make slashes on top as shown in pictures and freeze it for 2 to 3 minutes

Now bake in 200 degrees for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180degrees and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the top changes into golden color in preheated oven (preheat oven in 200 degrees for 10 minutes)


Take your pastry dough(recipe here)

Cut into 2 equal portions

Place dough between 2 plastic wraps and roll it

Check the size of the mold

Remove plastic wrap

Gently place rolled sheet on pie mould and remove the cling wrap

Press it gently and cut the excess dough and refrigerate this mould until we make filling

Take apples

Peel the skin


Slice them thinly

Add cinnamon powder

Add granulated sugar

Add corn flour

Toss them well

Now fill the pie mould with filling and put butter on top

Now roll the other sheet

Gently place on pie mould


Remove the extra dough and press it gently

I made some simple and beautiful design with leftover dough
Give it a egg wash or milk wash

Sprinkle some sugar on top

Gently make slashes on top

Now put this in freezer for 2 to 3 minutes and bake it



Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment