Wednesday 12 October 2016

DOUBLE KA MEETHA/HYDERABADI DOUBLE KA MEETHA RECIPE


This is also a requested recipe by viewers. So, yesterday prepared these yummy Hyderabadi double ka meetha recipe. Double ka meetha is a popular hyderabadi dessert mostly served in weddings and prepared on festivals. Bread fried in ghee and dipped in sugar syrup and rabdi then topped with fried dry fruits.

         few years back One of my cousin's MIL thought me this recipe. She lives in Hyderabad, one day she sent a box of double ka meetha, it was so yummy. I requested her to thought me the recipe and She did. Surprisingly it came out very well. Then I started making double ka meetha at home. But this time I prepared for my blog.
I don't know about others but we prepare in this way.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.


Ingredients :

Bread slices : 10 to 12
khoya/rabdi/palakova : 100 grams(click here for recipe)
sugar : 350 grams
water : 200 ml
Dry fruits : 1/2 cup (I used cashew nuts,raisins and almonds)
cardamom powder : 1 tea spoon
Ghee for deep frying (I used half ghee and half oil for deep frying)

Method :

First cut bread slices into triangles and dry them under fan or Sun for 30 minutes. (by drying bread slices it absorbs less oil/ghee)

Now heat ghee fry dry fruits and take them into a plate

In same pan add more ghee/oil fry bread pieces until golden color on both sides and take them into a plate

Now take a pan add water and sugar bring it to one string consistency on medium flame,then add cardamom powder and khoya stir it for few seconds and remove from fire. (mix khoya/mava with some milk and add it)

Now dip fried bread pieces in sugar syrup and take into a plate, top with dry fruits and serve.

Cut bread slices into triangles then dry them under sun or fan


Fry dry fruits in ghee and take into a bowl

Fry bread slices in ghee

Fry on both sides on medium flame

Take them into a plate


Take water and sugar into a pan and boil on medium heat

Bring it to one string consistency

Now add cardamom powder

Add rabdi/khoya (recipe here)

Stir for few seconds and remove from fire

Dip fried bread in sugar syrup

Take into a plate

Pour leftover syrup on top

Sprinkle dry fruits

Serve!!!

Tasty double ka meetha is ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment