Monday 24 October 2016

poori recipe/ puri recipe


Back to cooking for beginners series. Today I'm going to show you perfect poori recipe specially for beginners in cooking. I love to make and eat pooris so much.  to maintain my weight I prepare monthly once hence it is deep fried in oil.This is my version of making pooris. I take equal quantity of wheat flour and Maida also I add some soji/rava for crispness and to maintain the puffiness. It tastes so good with potato masala. Will post that recipe after this post.

I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.

 ingredients :

Wheat flour : 1 cup
Maida : 1 cup
Soji/upma rava/semolina : 1/4 cup
Salt to taste

Oil for deep frying

Method :

First take all dry ingredients into a bowl mix it well then add water little by little,knead into a soft dough, cover with lid and rest it for 30 minutes.

Now divide dough into small portions. Roll them and drop in hot oil. Press on top with spatula, so that it will puff up. Fry on both sides till golden color,take into a plate and serve hot.

Note : oil should be in medium heat while dropping poori.
Take all dry ingredients in a bowl

Mix it well

Add water little by little

Knead into a soft dough and rest it for a while.

Take small portion of dough

Roll a small poori

Drop in hot oil

Press on top until it puff up

Fry on medium heat until it changes into golden color

Fry on both sides

Drain the excess oil and take into a plate

Serve hot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment